www.facebook.com/218522848218567/posts/2318831571521007/We need your help please!
These puppies have been brought into our practice this morning after being abandoned in a box at a bus stop in Langham.
Our vets think they are around 9 weeks old and probably Labradoodles.
They are microchipped, but the chips are not registered to a central database.
If you are local to this area please share ur post, and lets see if can find out where they belong.... ...
LANGHAM PARISH COUNCIL
Job Opportunity for Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
The post is part time and the successful applicant will be required to work on average around 12 hours a week when needed. This could be less in some weeks and significantly more in others. The current pay will be on the NJC SCP pay scale. The position is home based and will require direct contact with Parish Councillors, Borough and County departments, partner organisations, grant providers, contractors, service providers and local residents. The successful candidate will ideally hold the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) or be willing to work towards that qualification at the earliest opportunity with appropriate training being facilitated.
Langham has a population of about 1,000 with approximately 450 dwellings. It is on the border of the Dedham Vale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty about 3 miles north of Colchester. The Council has seven Councillors and meets monthly on the first Wednesday of every month.
The responsibilities of the position will include:
• Preparing agendas and meeting minutes and servicing Committees as required
• Advising Councillors on matters relating to Council business
• Preparing and handling correspondence on behalf of the Council
• Handling questions and queries from members of the public and helping to resolve local issues
• Financial Management such as the monitoring and balancing of the Council’s accounts and the preparation of records for audit purposes and VAT. To receive and report on invoices for goods and services to be paid for by the Council and to ensure such accounts are met
• Ensuring that statutory and other provisions affecting the running of the Council are observed and being accountable to the Council for the management of all its resources
• To advise on and assist in the formulation of overall policies
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
• Highly effective interpersonal skills
• A sound understanding of the needs and issues of the locality
• The ability to take full responsibility for management of the Council’s financial affairs
• Good working knowledge of IT skills and be a strong and effective communicator
• Good Administration capability
• An awareness of local government structure and procedures
• Previous experience of formal committee work
To apply for this post or to discuss the vacancy in more detail please contact Peter Dawson, Chairman, Langham Parish Council at:
Telephone: 01206 272605
If you are applying please include your full CV
Closing date for applications 10th December 2018 ...